We believe in successful product launches. Whatever your product, wherever you launch: UL offers Global Market Access services for fast-tracked certification and standards compliance. We […]
With a rapidly expanding infrastructure, and many new homes connecting to the grid, Africa is well on its way to achieving the goal of universal access to energy. The future looks bright as we continue to leverage relevant global best practices and local expertise to implement the necessary changes. The challenge is to arrive at science-backed, safe and cost-effective solutions that meet current regional needs and priorities, along with our plans for the future.
With a history of 120 years of safety science, UL Africa stands ready to support the energy and power technologies industries with services and solutions tailored for our local needs. We offer assistance in designing and deploying new power systems, and enhancing existing systems, products and components.
UL Energy and Power Technology Services:
- Gas and oil: safety testing, inspection, certification and advisory services for products used at drilling sites, refinery or service stations, onshore or offshore.
- Power Utilities: performance, interoperability and safety testing and certification for meters, inverters, transformers, switchgear and large-scale storage. UL Africa also offers customized research, testing and verification programs to develop specifications for specific use environments and regional needs.
- Generator controls: testing, performance and certification for onboard, grid interactive and prime power applications.
- Engine generators: certification, testing, inspection and performance of engine generator equipment - including portable generators, residential generators, commercial and industrial generators, relocatable generators, micro-turbines and gas turbines - and installations.
- Battery and energy storage systems: performance and safety testing for components and systems, certification services, testing to regional standards and requirements, and global market access services.
- Gas turbine: testing and certifications to help ensure safety and performance of fuel delivery systems in ordinary or hazardous locations.